So I'm almost 21 weeks along and feeling good. The first half of this pregnancy has absolutely flown by! I'm' more tired than usual, but I can gladly handle that as a swap for not feeling well. It's SO nice to be past that nauseated point, which definitely lasted longer and was more prominent this time than in my pregnancy with Ryan. There goes the theory that if you feel different with your second pregnancy than you did with your first that it just might mean your pregnant with the opposite sex. I've talked to more people who have had 2 boys or 2 girls and had different symptoms during their pregnancies- I guess each one is different and you just never know! It's so nice knowing for sure that we're having a boy and I've already bought a few new clothes for him that I couldn't resist. Some people in my family have also already picked up a few things here and there for him so it's been fun! I'm also excited for him to get to wear some of Ryan's stuff again as it's all practically brand new and I loved his outfits so much that I remember saying that I hoped I had another boy so he can wear them... funny how things work out! ;) Every day I'm even more excited for Ryan to have a brother to run around with. I talked to two different mom's last week who both have 2 boys and say they loved having boys and were both so excited for us and for Ryan to have a little brother. They both said how neat it was for their boys to grow up together and how they entertained each other while growing up. When we mentioned to Ryan that he would have to share his tractors with his brother, he suddenly wasn't sure he liked the idea of having a little brother until we also added that his brother would get tractors, too, and would share them with him and then he was all smiles! Thank goodness he has so many cousins who have helped prepare him for sharing with a sibiling! I'm definitely almost into having to wear all maternity pants which seems like a few weeks earlier than with Ryan, but everyone tells me it's very common to get bigger faster after your first pregnancy. I have one pair of jeans I can still wear, but not for long! It's been so nice that the style of clothes these days is longer and more empire waisted as I've yet to have to wear an actual maternity shirt. Alot of times when I'm out shopping, women will tell me I picked the perfect time to get pregnant with the clothes that are out right now. I can't really take credit for it working out that way as far as timing, but it sure is nice!
And if you're wondering about names, we have a few that we like and are debating between, but like we did with Ryan, we are keeping the baby's name a secret until he is born. We like to keep some element of surprise, especially like with Ryan we knew his sex AND the exact date he would be born as I had a scheduled c-section because he was breech so it was fun to have a surprise for everyone!
That's about it for now! Next week we have another ultrasound to do the whole anatomy check. My quad screen all came back fine so we praise God for that! Meanwhile I'm thoroughly enjoying being able to feel the baby moving around more and more. In the last couple weeks, I've been able to feel it from the outside which is always fun, especially for others who are able to feel him moving around! The last couple times Jeff has tried to feel, the baby stops moving for a couple minutes- just like with Ryan! Before we know it, he'll be moving around so much you won't be able to miss it from the outside. Ryan was always very active when we'd be sitting in church, but so far this baby is really active in the evening- probably because I'm able to notice it then as that seems like the longest time of day that I actually get to just sit for awhile! Funny how life changes between your first and second child! It's all wonderful though and are so thankful!
I'll post some pictures soon!
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Prego Update! :)
Posted by Jeff, Allison & Ryan at 6/12/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment