Well we are loving the snow around here (I know Jeff likes it, but it does make it a bit chilly for him to have to work out in!). The bummer is that while we are staying nice and cozy inside, Ryan is suffering from a yucky cold. I know, tis the season! He's had a cough for a couple days, but it definitely didn't seem to be getting any better and Jeff said he coughed alot last night while I was gone to a family b-day party with Jacob so I figured I'd be up for the long haul last night. Thankfully, the cough medicine Jeff gave him before he went to be must have done it's job as I think I only heard him cough once last night. The couple nights before that he was up coughing alot and even ended up in our bed- can't turn away a sick kid. :) Anyhow, I called and made him a doctors appt. this morning at 9:50am so Jeff came in and helped get him ready and both kiddos loaded up. Turns out he has "a cold". Big surprise! Not like I didn't know that, but wanted to make sure it wasn't anything else. She listened to him long and hard and his lungs were clear and everything else sounded/looked good. Then she asked if he's been around anyone sick lately. HA! I told her I could name more healthy people he'd been around way quicker than the list of people/kids that had some sort of bug. She gave some good cold/cough remedy ideas including a water, lemon juice and honey drink. We came home and I made it for him and he actually drank some of it! She also suggested that we could try (instead of the Delsym cough medicine) giving him a tablespoon of honey before he naps/goes to bed. Before his nap I gave him some Motrin as he had a 103 fever and some honey. We keep telling him the more he sleeps the better he'll feel and I do believe that's true. If the kid can't sleep because he's coughing, his body will get even more worn down and in the past I know it's really helped do the trick, too. So I'm praying with all these things that he'll be feeling like himself again fast and that Jacob can avoid getting it. He has such an amazing attitude for feeling sick... oh and by the way, if you ask him he's "not sick" he "has a cold". :)
Anyhow, so this morning when Jacob woke up for his 7am-ish feeding, my personal snow plow guy was working outside! Jeff took our wheel loader and put the bucket all the way to the ground to clear off our yard/driveway area. It really did work quite well. Here he is below fueling it up! After he was done with the yard, he worked his way towards our house with a shovel and cleared a path from my car, up onto our deck and to our door. Unfortunately, it snowed so much just since we'd left for Ryan's appt. that his path was already getting covered up. Oh well, we don't plan on going anywhere else today anyways!
On our way home from taking Ryan to the doctor, Jeff thought he'd see how slick the roads were by trying to stop sort of suddenly (in a safe area with no other cars around)-but the funniest part is that we traded in our Explorer a few weeks ago for this Suburban and with all the "smart" stuff it has with it- he could hardly do anything! Between the traction control and 4x4 that kicks in, it's a pretty dang safe vehicle! Back in the day before we had kids, he would have loved to see how much we could make it fish-tail or spin around a bit, but now we carry precious cargo so he can't do those tricks anymore! :)
So gorgeous around here with the snow falling!
This I took this past weekend when it snowed- the snow capped mountains were just breath-taking with the bright blue sky. We really do live in a beautiful place!



.jpg)
1 comments:
Hope Ryan is feeling better soon. If it's the same cold Asher had (well, actually he had two almost in a row practically) it is a doozy and sticks around quite awhile. I kept holding out taking him into the Dr. and he finally started getting better, thank goodness!
Post a Comment