So yesterday started at 8:30am when we got to our local fire hall to begin setting up for our Relay For Life fundraiser! Here is my niece, Shelby, and her friend, Emma, making their own signs for the fundraiser. :) We sold concessions like, baked foods, candy bars, sports drinks, water and pop as well as my mom, myself and a few others helped make a huge batch of my mom's recipe for corn potato chowder (sooo yummy!) to sell inside. We planned this last week in the SNOW so we weren't sure what kind of weather we would have weekend, but yesterday was beautiful! At the last minute we decided to bbq hotdogs which was a big hit with people at the baseball games in the ball field behind the fire hall. We had alot of chowder left over, but it won't go to waste! All in all it turned out to be a very successful fundraiser so we were excited about that! At 11am I had to leave a go to a family bridal shower and then left a little early to come back and finish helping at the fundraiser. It was a crazy, busy day! Ryan, meanwhile, had a ball playing at his cousin, Jordan's house, and getting FILTHY!!!! I'm not exaggerating either. He had a thick layer of wet MUD all over his pants and some on his shirt. Instead of looking like he had jeans on, he looked like he was wearing brown pants AND brown boots! I literally hosed him down and then got him changed into some clean clothes before we left. Then it was back to the fire hall to do the last of the cleaning up before we left for home.
Jeff had been busy on the tractor all day (of course, the weather was gorgeous... finally!) and was almost out of diesel so he asked if Ryan and I could run his truck and some dinner out to him so he could fuel up. I was putting diesel in the fuel tank in the back of the truck got in the truck to see that Ryan found Jeff's radio headphones and was rocking out!
Happy boy!
Before we could even get to the field Ryan was OUT! Then we got to another field to fuel up another tractor for Jeff's cousin who was helping us do fieldwork and he was still asleep!
I love this picture- tired little farm boy. (With a dirty face!) :)
Needless to say, none of us had a hard time falling asleep last night!


.jpg)
2 comments:
Thanks for the YUMMY dinner tonight Allison. We loved it!!
Yeah!! I am so excited for you guys! Congratulations! Ryan is going to be the best big bro. I haven't blogged lately so I'm a little late. Just wanted to send my love your way!
Flora and the boys!
Post a Comment