Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

1st Day of SCHOOL!!

Yes, it's official, my little boy is all grown up! Okay, well I guess he's not all grown up, but I swear over night he became a really big boy! :) I do have to say, I didn't cry, but did have some mixed emotions of some sadness and also so much excitement for him and his new adventure! I try to remember just to be happy that he's a healthy, growing little boy who is thrilled to be going to school. So enough about ME, here's Ryan this morning, checking out how his new John Deere back-pack looked on him... he was one proud little boy!
Jordan's daddy (Jeff's brother) was at our farm this morning so Melinda brought Jordan by to see Steve and also so we could get a few pictures of the boys together on their 1st day of school.
Ryan & Jordan... little buddies!

Look at those adorable faces! Do they look like happy little boys or what?!!
A family shot- of course, Ryan was over the picture thing at this point so it's not the best of him as he decided to act silly. Oh well!
Ryan apparently had to get all pumped up for school because he asked me to put in "John Deere Green", one of his favorite songs, so he jammed out to that on his way to school! :)

I told Jeff that I wasn't sure who was more emotional when Melinda and I dropped off the boys this morning- us two or their teacher! I've known his teacher most of my life and Jeff and his brother, Steve, and her two sons were good friends in high school and played football together. I think it just hit her how her kids' friends have kids now and that she got to have both Steve & Jeff's boys in her class. It was really sweet. I know Ryan will have a great school year!

Today and yesterday they only had half of the class there to sort of ease the kids into the whole idea of school and classmates, but tomorrow all the kids will be there so that will be fun. Ryan had a GREAT time at school today and asked if he could go back! I said, "Sure, how about tomorrow?!". :)

3 comments:

Megan and Jeff Vogel said...

So fun! What preschool is he going to?

Anonymous said...

Look at him... he looks like such a little, but big boy. It is way too darn cute!

Anonymous said...

Ok, that anonymous comment was from me, don't know what happened.