Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 11, 2010

A HOT Jacob!

The night before last poor Jacob had a terribly high fever of 104.5! He woked up from his nap really hot and had a fever of 103 so we went to Target to get some Motrin. I gave him a dose right there in the store and he took it great and the fever came down quite a bit pretty quick. We came home and when I put him down for bed around 9pm his fever was still really low if had any at all. I went to check on him on my way to bed at 11:45pm and the poor little guy was just laying there in his crib with the light on (he turns it on himself most nights) with the brightest red cheeks and on FIRE! Brought him downstairs and checked his temperature and it was 104.5! I went into slight panic mode. Jeff was gone to E. WA so I beeped my mom real quick to see what she thought (I knew she'd still be up) and she said just to give him some more Motrin along with some Tylenol as that's what the doctor told my sister to do for my niece after she had a febrial seizure a few months ago. After I did that I called the triage nurse line at Skagit Peds and a nurse from Children's called me back in just a few minutes. She eased my mind and answered my questions. She did say that if a fever reaches 105 you have to take the child to the ER. I was just praying the medicine would kick in fast and it was go down quickly. She told me to strip him down for a bit and then what kind clothes to put on him for when I did lay him back down in his bed. By 1:40am his fever was down to 101.1 so I laid him down and we both went right to sleep. I was SO tired by this point that I slept like a rock. Although found it ironic that I automatically woke up at 6:30am when he'd be due for his next does of Motrin if he needed it. I went and quietly checked on him and he didn't feel hot and was sleeping soundly so I let him be. Thankfully Melinda beeped and asked if I wanted her to take Ryan to school so that was great especially since Jacob slept till just before 9am. He wokes up looking good and not feverish. His temp was 99.0 so I was happy with that since he hadn't had medicine since midnight. Still for my own piece of mind I took him to the doctor later in the morning. Dr. said he checked out fine... throat, mouth, ears, tummy all were fine so that was good to hear. He thought it could just be a virus or maybe Roseola which is when a child gets a high fever and then in a couple days gets a rash and then that's it. So no rash yet, but still could come if that, indeed, is what it was. Just glad he's better!
Yesterday I made about 76 cupcakes for my sister-in-law, Kim's, 40th birthday party and so I let Jacob sample a tiny bit of the buttercream frosting whenI was done making it. He was a happy boy!!
Going to town licking that spatula!

Mmmmm so yummy! :)

0 comments: