Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mommy & Jacob

This afternoon, Ryan got ahold of my camera (big surprise!) and when I asked him to give it to me he said "Oh, Mommy! Let me take a picture of you and baby brother!". He's such a smart little boy! So, I did. Here's me and my littlest man! :) Today was exactly one month from when he was born!
Some of you have asked how he's been doing lately in the "gas" situation. He's much better! We've switched him to soy and it seems to be doing the trick. We're still doing the "Gripe Water" as I think it was helping a little with the regular formula (but not enough!) and his doctors office said to just keep giving it to him and that we could just cut it out later if we want or feel that just the soy is working well enough on it's own. He still has some gas, but all babies do! The good part is that he doesn't cry and fuss before he finally passes some, it's not practically non stop anymore, and we're all getting a little more sleep. I have to mention, my sweet husband had me go to bed the other night and said that he'd tend to Jacob. The night before we (Jacob & I) hardly got any sleep- hence why we changed over to soy the next day! Anyhow, I went to bed at 9:30pm and got to sleep until 7am!! Wow! Talk about rejuvenated! The best part is Jeff only had to get up with him once during the night to feed and change him so he got sleep, too, and was able to go out to work on the farm and function fine on relatively normal sleep! I was so appreciative of that sleep! It can do wonders as all mothers with babies know!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great picture Ryan! Jacob is growing so fast!
Auntie D.D.

Sneva Family said...

Cute Picture... you look great and Jacob is a sweetie-pie! We are both healthy now, so ready to visit whenever you are ready for us!